Seafood. People either love it or hate it. I admit, I am not much of a seafood lover at all. Crab stuffed mushrooms however, I could eat them all day long!
Mmmm. Doesn't that look good!? Juicy, cheesy, flavorful. These bite sized mushrooms contain so much flavor that it's almost impossible to eat just one. Thinking about them, I may just have to go eat some more out of my fridge haha.
My dad's girlfriend made them for dinner one evening and he came home bragging about them. I am pretty sure that is what sealed the relationship (other than her great personality of course! )
I had her make them for my husband and I one night and got the recipe! YAY! Now I make them quite often, and can share them with all of you!....You're Welcome :)
Here is the recipe!!!
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 tsp garlic salt
1 1/2 tsp seasoning (Butt Rub brand or Seasoning Salt)
1 1/2 c Fiesta Cheese
1 package crab meat (or imitation)
1) Grease a glass casserole dish. Preheat oven to 350.
2) Wash mushrooms and take out the stems. Mushrooms should look like little bowls.
3) Melt butter and brush on top and around mushrooms. Leave small puddles of butter in
the centers of the mushrooms. You should have butter left over. Let marinate for a few minutes.
4) Chop the crab meat into fine pieces. Put in a medium bowl with any leftover melted
butter, garlic salt, and seasoning. Top with cheese and microwave about 2 minutes stirring
occasionally until the cheese begins to melt. Stir.
5) Take a spoon and spoon the mixture into each mushroom. Place the mushrooms with the crab
side up onto the glass dish.
6) Top with more melted butter or a pinch of cheese and bake for 30 minutes.