Monday, April 29, 2013

Cube Steak with Country Gravy







Country cookin' is my favorite!  Gravy is a must of country cookin'.  Anything with gravy is delicious!  Especially hamburger steaks, biscuits, and cube steaks!

I use to make cube steaks a lot.  I made them on the skillet, with homemade gravy.  This way was delicious, but if you do not cook them in the crock pot, the cube steaks are so chewy is hurts your jaw!

I made them my mom's way.. In the crock pot with mushroom soup and onion soup.  This way was good too but after awhile it just didn't taste right to me.

I made them the same way as the soup way except I used a packet of french onion soup mix.  It tasted pretty much the same.

So..the other day at the store when I was trying to brainstorm more fast and easy meals.  I thought of the cube steak.  I began thinking of different types of gravy that I could use (that were going to be quick and easy).

This is by far my favorite recipe!   My dad and husband even agree.  I just made it last week and it is currently in the kitchen cooking as we speak. Mmm it smells delicious!



I prepared it while my daughter was eating breakfast and it will be done when my husband gets home tonight :) Perfect! And yes, I eat a lot of mac and cheese :p

Cube Steak with Country Gravy:

Slow Cooker
1 packet Original Country Gravy
Cube Steaks (I got 7 for $8)
a little flour
oil
3 cups water (divided)

Flour the top and bottom of each cube steak.

Heat oil in a skillet.  When it gets hot, place your cube steaks in the skillet.

Brown on both sides. About 5 min on each side.



Place in the crock pot.

Cover with 2 cups of water.

Set on low and cook for 6-8 hours.

30 min away from eating, mix gravy packet and 1 cup water in a small bowl.  Mix well.

Pour gravy over into the crock pot and mix just a little so the gravy will spread out onto all of the steaks.

Cook another 30 minutes and serve!


1 comment: